Sturgeon Bay Visitor Center News
But What if I Don’t Care About Fishing?
In just a few short days, Sturgeon Bay, Door County will be the host of the Bassmaster Angler of the Year Championship, held on September 17-20 at CenterPointe Marina. Bass boats, bass clothing, bass equipment…well, let’s just say “it’s all about that bass” right now.
But maybe, just maybe, you don’t share the same “love of fishing” that your friend, family, or spouse does. What’s one to do while the others are watching those record setting bass make their way to the stage, scales to be shown in all of their glory on the jumbo-tron? Not to worry—we’ve got you covered!
- Sturgeon Bay is home of over 120 historically registered properties. Walk the town and visit the homes now restored to fabulous shopping and dining on Jefferson Street.
- Food? Oh, we have food. Sturgeon Bay boasts tasty treats ranging from authentic Indian to Mexican and Irish and everything in between!
- Love to shop? There’s a pretty good chance that whatever it is that you’re looking for, Sturgeon Bay has it in one of its three distinct shopping districts. Clothing, antiques, consignment, art, jewelry, outdoor gear—we’ve got it all.
- Wine? Beer? Check and check! The streets of Sturgeon Bay are lined with opportunities for wine tasting and beer sampling. And along with those samples are fine chocolates and confections, as well as artisanal cheeses and meats.
- Door County is well known for its artistry, so whether it be in the form of glass works, painting, jewelry, or textiles, Sturgeon Bay is home to numerous artists and is proud to showcase the work of them all!
- Peruse a variety of goods offered by artists, crafters, and vendors along with in-store specials during Harvest Festival. Additional attractions include the Old Bolts Classic Car Show, a bounce house, children’s face painting, and live music by Hot off the Grill!
- Attend Sturgeon Bay’s Annual Street Art Auction! Absentee bids are currently being accepted for those unable to attend. Call the Sturgeon Bay Visitor Center at 920.743.6246 for additional information, and visit our Facebook page for photos of all Street Art creations.
So go ahead and let them do all the fishing that they want—you have other things to do!