Sturgeon Bay Visitor Center Recipes
Kitty O’Reilly’s Pub: Irish Stew
- 1 small Rutabaga (½ inch pealed & diced)
- 3 Turnips (½ inch pealed & diced)
- 2 lbs. Red Potatoes (Approx. 10 - ½ inch diced)
- 2 Onions (½ inch pealed & diced)
- 1/2 Head Celery (½ inch diced)
- 4 Carrots (½ inch pealed & diced)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Cups of heaping All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon Ground Sage
- 1/2 Tablespoon Ground Thyme
- 2 Tablespoon Montreal Steak
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
(Blend together in mixing bowl)
- 5 lbs. Diced Beef
Heat large pan, add Canola Oil as needed to sauté. Sear meat in rondo over medium high heat, till golden brown.
Add onions, celery, carrots. Cook until tender (approximately 5 minutes)
Add 1/2 cup beef base and stir
Add Flour Blend to pan
Slowly stir in 2 pints Guinness, 2 pints of water and add 1/4 cup Kitchen bouquet. Bring to boil.
Add Potatoes, Rutabagas, Turnips. Add Water to cover veggies.
Bring to a boil and simmer till veggies are tender.
Add 1 lb. bag of frozen peas and 1 lb. frozen corn at the end to finish the stew.
This warm, hearty Irish dish was provided by Kitty O'Reilly's Irish Pub.