920-743-6246

Lighthouses

Sturgeon Bay Ship Canal North Pierhead Light

This impressive red structure is located at the fully operational U.S. Coast Guard station on the Lake Michigan end of the Sturgeon Bay ship canal. The Pierhead navigation light was built in 1882, and the station was built with a tower light in 1899, renovated in 1903, and automated in 1972. The lower level breakwall is the only section of the grounds that are open to the public.  Map

Sturgeon Bay Ship Canal Light

The Canal Station Light Tower, located on the northern bank of the entrance to the Sturgeon Bay Ship Canal, was built in 1899 and automated in 1972. To reach the Ship Canal Light and North Pierhead Light, visitors must park in the lot outside the station's gate and follow the driveway that leads from the front gate to the seawall. Grounds are open to the public during the Lighthouse Walk, held the second weekend in June.  Map

Sherwood Point Lighthouse

The last manned lighthouse on the Great Lakes, this lighthouse was established in 1883 and automated in 1983. It is only open to the public during the Lighthouse Walk, held the second weekend in June.  The rest of the year,  the facility is operated as a rest and recuperation area for active members of the U.S. military on a rental basis.  Map