Happy Faces & Wide Open Spaces!
In order to be proactive, view the Door County Public Health website for the most recent CDC guidance.
Also because of the international travel issues associated with COVID, a number of J1 Visa workers are again not here for our busy tourist season. Waits may be a little longer and hours of operation might be a little different than what we're used to. Be patient and be kind with your service industry staff. Everyone is doing their best and we all love Door County!
Just a few reminders:
While everyone is open and anxious to greet you, please check ahead if you are making special plans.
Restaurants continue to offer carry-out, outdoor seating, and indoor dining. If you have specific concerns, please give us a call and we'll give you the most up to date information that we have.
While things may look a little different, know that our businesses have been working diligently so that it's safe for you and their employees. A few items of note in helping you plan your visit:
- Private businesses may require face coverings as noted above.
- Social distancing is still real and encouraged in certain situations.
- Hand sanitizer stations are everywhere, and businesses may require you to use them upon entry and exit.
- Businesses will have their expectations and guidelines posted at their entryways. Please take a minute to look for them before entering. Look for these three most common requests:
If you have questions and need help planning, we are here to help! Please call us at (920) 743-6246 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aren't ready to travel yet but still want to support Sturgeon Bay, Door County?
- Buy a gift certificate now to give as a gift or to use yourself later.
- Make an on-line purchase at one (or many!) of your favorite stores. If stores don’t have an online presence, check out their Facebook pages as many are posting what’s available and then give them a call. They’d LOVE to hear from you!
- Leave a FB or Google review showering our businesses with some much-needed love. Free to do and makes a HUGE difference to our businesses when people start planning again.
Below are the resources that we are turning to for accurate, professional information in our area and beyond:
- Door County Daily Covid-19 Situation Update
- Door County Public Health
- Door County Medical Center
- Door County Economic Development Resources for Businesses & Community
- Wisconsin Department of Health by County
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Centers for Disease Control and PreventionIf you have questions regarding any reservations, cancellation policies, or event postponements, it will be best to contact the lodging facility or event venue directly.
If you have questions regarding local events, please check our local events tab. We are happy to see everyone again...safely!
Destination Sturgeon Bay