We're glad that you're here (or glad that you're planning to come see us!)
While most businesses are open, please check ahead to make sure that your favorites actually are. As circumstances change, so do business hours and guidelines, so it's best to call, just to make sure.
While things may look a little different, know that our businesses have been working diligently to reopen so that it's safe for you and their employees. A few items of note in helping you plan your visit:
- Many businesses are requiring face coverings or masks, so please make sure to pack yours. Please understand that many businesses have chosen to do this not only to keep you safe, but because they might have staff members that are at risk themselves.
- Social distancing is in place wherever you might go (remember that 6' rule), so this means that your favorite restaurants will have fewer tables available. Waits might be longer than you're used to, but know that most everyone will continue their curbside pick-up and/or delivery options.
- Hand sanitizer stations are everywhere, and most businesses will require you to use them upon entry and exit.
- Check-out shields. Many businesses have installed plexiglass shields again for the protection of their customers and staff.
- Businesses will have their expectations and guidelines posted at their entryways. Please take a minute to look for them before entering. Look for these three most common requests:
If you have questions and need help planning, we are here to help! Please call us at (920) 743-6246 or email email@example.com.
Aren't ready to travel yet but still want to support Sturgeon Bay, Door County?
- Buy a gift certificate now to give as a gift or to use yourself later.
- Make an on-line purchase at one (or many!) of your favorite stores. If stores don’t have an online presence, check out their Facebook pages as many are posting what’s available and then give them a call. They’d LOVE to hear from you!
- Leave a FB or Google review showering our businesses with some much-needed love. Free to do and makes a HUGE difference to our businesses when people start planning again.
Below are the resources that we are turning to for accurate, professional information in our area and beyond:
- Door County Public Health
- Door County Medical Center
- Door County Economic Development Resources for Businesses & Community
- Wisconsin Department of Health by County
- WEDC Reopen Guidelines
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
If you have questions regarding any reservations, cancellation policies, or event postponements, it will be best to contact the lodging facility or event venue directly.
If you have questions regarding local events, please check our local events tab. While many events have been canceled, Sturgeon Bay, Door County offers wide open spaces for you to enjoy your favorite things.
From all of our partnering businesses, our board, and our staff, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Stay healthy. Stay happy. Stay Sturgeon Bay.
Destination Sturgeon Bay