Destination Sturgeon Bay News
Celebrate 4th of July in Sturgeon Bay! (2020 Event is Canceled)
Trying to figure out what to do this year for the 4th of July? Relax, recharge, and reconnect with family and friends to celebrate your Independence Day in Sturgeon Bay!
- Fireworks are launched from a barge on the water in the middle of Sturgeon Bay. Have you ever seen the beautiful reflection of fireworks on the water?
- You can watch the fireworks explode above your head from a boat on the water! BYOB (boat), rent one from Door County Boat Rental, or make a reservation now to ride on Sail Sturgeon Bay, Sail Charlie or Reel Impression Sunset Cruises.
- Sunset Park is your dance floor under the fireworks – Unity the Band will entertain your crew, 6-9:30 p.m.
- Kayaks and paddleboards are also great fireworks watching vessels! Make a 24-hour reservation to rent them from Bay Shore Outfitters, Door County Adventure Center, or Peninsula Kayak Company.
- Sand Beaches – yes beach-es! Sunset Park – THE spot to cookout and enjoy an old fashioned ice cream social. Burgers, brats, hot dogs, beer and wine available for sale here, too, all beginning at 5 p.m. Your purchases and donations at Sunset Park help fund the fireworks celebration! DONATE HERE TODAY.
- Across the water from Sunset Park, are the beaches and parks of Otumba Park and Potawatomi State Park (there is an entry fee for Potawatomi). Several area restaurant/bars have great viewing patios, bars and beaches.
- Come up for the day and play! Sunset Park hosts: 9-hole disc golf course, volleyball, tennis and basketball courts, fitness track and walking trail, and tons of grass with room for your favorite games.
- The best fireworks view at Sunset Park is within walking distance from hotels, shops and restaurants on Jefferson Street, Third Avenue and Madison Avenue!
Come to Sturgeon Bay for the fun…Stay and make Memories!