Destination Sturgeon Bay News
Fall Fun in Door County
The leaves are colored with shades of red, orange and yellow, the air is cool and crisp, and the coffee tastes like Pumpkin Spice…ahhh the sights and smells of Fall in Door County! While we love every season in the beautiful place we get to call home, there is something extra special about Fall. From our Fall Flavored coffees to festivals and award-winning Fall foliage (that’s right, we were voted best Fall foliage out of everywhere in the US!) With so much coffee to be drank and fun to be had, we complied all of our favorite Fall activities in one spot to help you plan your Fall visit to Door County! Check them out below!
1. Visit Door County Coffee Café – From Pumpkin Spice Lattes to tasty soups and sandwiches, we are the perfect stop on your Fall adventure! You can grab a mug of whatever yummy Fall Flavored Coffee we have on tap, along with stocking up on all your favorites to take home!
2. Plan a Kayak Trip - We know it is a little more chilly, but throw on a sweatshirt and grab your life jacket, and take a scenic kayak tour along the shoreline! You will see Door County and our incredible Fall colors like you have never seen them before! You can rent them through October From Door County Kayak Tours, or bring your own! Enjoy the quiet from being off the beaten path.
3. Grab your family and find a trail for some hiking - We have so many trails that offer space and fresh air, all while seeing the beautiful colors of Fall! Some of our favorites are the Ridges Sanctuary in Bailey’s Harbor, Potawatomi State Park, Cave Point or Peninsula State Park! If hiking isn’t your thing, you can also rent bikes or bring your own!
4. Enjoy seasonal favorites from our Fall Flavored Coffee line: From flavors of pumpkin and spices, to bourbon and maple, there is something for everyone in our Fall flavored line. One sip from your mug and you are in Fall-flavored heaven! Whether you are trying to escape the Monday blues, or gear up for a long day of tailgating for football, there is a flavor to keep you warm and caffeinated all day long!
5. Fall Festivals every weekend - Almost every weekend in September and October has some sort of Fall Festival somewhere. From Harvest Festival in Sturgeon Bay to Pumpkin Patch Fest in Egg Harbor, they offer fun for all ages!
6. Go Apple Picking - Who doesn’t love fresh apples for apple pie?! With plenty of options for picking your own, this is the perfect Fall activity to do while in Door County! You will often find us at Robertson Orchards in Spring for cherries and Fall for apples, make sure to check them out!
We know if you plan a visit to Door County this Fall, you won’t regret it! So grab your Pumpkin Spice coffee, get our your planner and start working on your next Door County Fall Adventure!